READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy Forum Index READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy
The m23 discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

custom scripts not shown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy Forum Index -> Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arno

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:32    Post subject: custom scripts not shown Reply with quote

Hi thank you for your great tool,
I think I found a bug if I create custom scripts with the script editor. If I do so and save it it is not listed in "special packages". If I move it on the server from data+scripts/packages/userPackages to the data+scripts/packages dir it gets listed and I can install it.

Another bug involves the hardware detection. With the standard ramdisk initrd-i386.gz on a thinkpad t61 the networkcard ( which uses e1000e ) was not detected and on a thinkpad r40e ( which uses tg3 ) it gets detected but fails to work after the raid detection in the preSetup phase of the client.

I was able to work around the e1000e bug by editing linuxrc but didn't resolve the issue on the r40e yet. Right now I am thinking about integrating the hwdetection of the latest knoppix into the initrd. I know that hwcheck is called in m23hwdetection but the whole process of hotplugging and hwdetection seems not quiet reliable. What do you think about it?

Best regards
arno
arno

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

The version is (from /m23/inc/version.php)
codename rock
version 11.1
patchlevel 100400

best regards
arno
Hauke

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:53    Post subject: Re: custom scripts not shown Reply with quote

Hi,

arno wrote:
If I do so and save it it is not listed in "special packages". If I move it on the server from data+scripts/packages/userPackages to the data+scripts/packages dir it gets listed and I can install it.

I will have a look at it.

arno wrote:
Another bug involves the hardware detection. With the standard ramdisk initrd-i386.gz on a thinkpad t61 the networkcard ( which uses e1000e ) was not detected and on a thinkpad r40e ( which uses tg3 ) it gets detected but fails to work after the raid detection in the preSetup phase of the client.

Are proprietary or binary blobs needed to enable the network cards or the RAID?

arno wrote:
I was able to work around the e1000e bug by editing linuxrc but didn't resolve the issue on the r40e yet.

Which changes did you make?

arno wrote:
Right now I am thinking about integrating the hwdetection of the latest knoppix into the initrd.

The network bootimages and the ISOs are containing the hardware detection of Knoppix (hwsetup new BASH based version), hwinfo, discover and (in the development version) a emergency network card module loader.

It seems to me, that the hardware detection worked better with the old Knoppix hwsetup Wink But maybe you find a good solution to let the hardware detection perform better.

Please send me your changes and ideas then.

Schulung, Entwicklung und Support zu m23 und anderen OpenSource-Produkten: www.goos-habermann.de

Auch DU kannst etwas gegen Softwarepatente tun! www.patentfrei.de
Hauke

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found the solution for the not listed scripts:

Change the line
Code:
$temp = explode("\?",$line);

to
Code:
$temp = explode("?",$line);

in the function PKG_listSpecialpackages in the file /m23/inc/packages.php.

Schulung, Entwicklung und Support zu m23 und anderen OpenSource-Produkten: www.goos-habermann.de

Auch DU kannst etwas gegen Softwarepatente tun! www.patentfrei.de

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tried it
and the change of the line did the trick.

The change was a simple "modprobe e1000e" just as a temporary workaround.
If I start to change the hardware detection I'll let you know.

thanks
arno
Post new topic   Reply to topic    READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum