READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy Forum Index READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy
The m23 discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installation of server in english fails to set correct lang

Post new topic   Reply to topic    READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy Forum Index -> Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoffs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 15:37    Post subject: Installation of server in english fails to set correct lang Reply with quote

I've just run an installation of the latest m23 and selected English during the install process.
Installation completed but when rebooted from the hard disk, a German keyboard was selected and the locale was set to de_DE-UTF-8.

Both problems are easily fixed but should be corrected in the distribution ISO.
MHach

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 17:51    Post subject: Language issues Reply with quote

Thanks for reporting a bug.
We currently are working on language issues, so it's just the right time Smile
I assume you're talking about a client which was set up in the wrong language and not about the server - as that does not need a keyboard or any specific locales, because it is accessible via browser (I don't think you missed the "change language" button in the top left corner). Lately, we worked on the correction of this bug for Fedora, Ubuntu and Debian (see development log) and have made good progress (and added several other languages, too).
With OpenSuse, which will be added in the next release, we still have some difficulties because of a known yast2-bug...

Which distribution and desktop did you choose for your client?Question

Idea If you only want to use the thing for testing, you could also try upgrading to the m23-testing packages
http://m23.sourceforge.net/PostNuke-0.750/html/index.php?id=1000000368, where this bug might already be solved. Be aware that in the developer version other issues may have resulted from changing the code.

The next stable release is to be expected within the next 2 months.

Greetings,
Maren
geoffs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Maren,

It was late last night when I made my post so sorry for lack of details.

The problem I noted was on installation of the server (m23 rock 11.2). I did select 'en - English' as the install (I did it twice). An error message appeared saying 'en.key not found', I'm guessing the default is to leave the de.key in use?
I was able to fix the problem via the locale and loadkeys command (once I figured out where the correct letters were on a Gernam keyboard layout Smile )

I appreciate that all administration is done via the webserver but as this is the first time I'd installed the server, I wanted to find out just what it installed and where.

I've added the missing en.key file and rebuilt the initrd. As soon as I've tested it, I'll submit a patch .

Regards
Geoff
MHach

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:27    Post subject: Language issues Reply with quote

That's cool, thanks! Very Happy
We appreciate very much when users help us. Please tell us about your results.
Viele Grüße,
Maren
Post new topic   Reply to topic    READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum