READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy Forum Index READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy
The m23 discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

manual integration fails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy Forum Index -> Problems with the server / Serverprobleme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaywalker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 18:00    Post subject: manual integration fails Reply with quote

I did set up a m23 server from the debian repository.

As a next step, I tried manual integration of a client.
However, when I do
wget http://SERVERIP/work.php -O work.php,

the work.php file on the client contains only
#!/bin/bash
and nothing else.
Obviously, executing it will not integrate the client.

There are php notices in the servers error log:

[Wed Dec 18 20:59:40 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.158] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: ImageInfoTable in /m23/inc/imaging.php on line 34
[Wed Dec 18 20:59:40 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.158] PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 1 in /m23/inc/checks.php on line 245
[Wed Dec 18 20:59:40 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.158] PHP Notice: Undefined index: m23Shared_blockAccount in /m23/data+scripts/work.php on line 40
[Wed Dec 18 20:59:40 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.158] PHP Notice: Undefined index: distr in /m23/data+scripts/work.php on line 46
kill: invalid option -- '9'

Usage:
kill [options] <pid> [...]

Options:
<pid> [...] send signal to every <pid> listed
-<signal>, -s, --signal <signal>
specify the <signal> to be sent
-l, --list=[<signal>] list all signal names, or convert one to a name
-L, --table list all signal names in a nice table

-h, --help display this help and exit
-V, --version output version information and exit

For more details see kill(1).

To make sure that I did not any mistakes during install, I also tested this against the m23 Virtualbox appliance as server. However, I get exactly the same behavior.

How can I proceed with manual client integration?
Hauke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just tested and cannot reproduce it.

As server I used the m23 server VM appliance with the latest (security) update, as the client to integrate a VM with Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS (SSH server running).

After entering the client name, IP and credentials into the m23 webinterface the integration begins automatically. The trick with
Code:
wget http://SERVERIP/work.php -O work.php...
is not needed in my case.

Please check and report, if the client appears in the client overview list and if there are waiting jobs. What status color does the client have?

Schulung, Entwicklung und Support zu m23 und anderen OpenSource-Produkten: www.goos-habermann.de

Auch DU kannst etwas gegen Softwarepatente tun! www.patentfrei.de
jaywalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

thank you for your support!
When I try to perform the integration from the web interface, the client appears with status red, 4/4 jobs waiting and no hardware information is available.

Today I figured out that this can be solved by simply rebooting the client after the manual integration! Sorry that I did not try this simple solution earlier...

However, after integration, the root password of the client is deleted and password-less login is possible on the console. Is this normal?

Best regards
jaywalker
jaywalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have another question: Is it possible to integrate non-Debian-based distributions that are supported via halfSister, like e.g. openSUSE?

Best regards
jaywalker
Hauke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

jaywalker wrote:
However, after integration, the root password of the client is deleted and password-less login is possible on the console. Is this normal?

this is not intended.

The bug should be fixed with the new update. Please update your m23 server and try again.

Thank you for reporting Very Happy

Schulung, Entwicklung und Support zu m23 und anderen OpenSource-Produkten: www.goos-habermann.de

Hauke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaywalker wrote:
Is it possible to integrate non-Debian-based distributions that are supported via halfSister, like e.g. openSUSE?

This is not possible at the moment and has no priority in the future development.

If you can spend some money and need the feature, there should be a way to give it a higher priority Wink Just send me a mail in case.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy Forum Index -> Problems with the server / Serverprobleme All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum