READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy Forum Index READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy
The m23 discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Client doesn't boot via TFTP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy Forum Index -> Problems with the server / Serverprobleme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nevyn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:28    Post subject: Client doesn't boot via TFTP Reply with quote

I recently installed m23 via basis installation of debian wheezy and adding m23 repository.

This works without problems.

After integration the first client and trying to boot it, things starting to fail.

- dhcp is working (external isc-dhcp-server)

here is the code via
Code:
http://m23-Server-IP/exportDHCPSettings.php

Code:
host edv01 { option dhcp-server-identifier 192.168.x.x; option root-path "/"; next-server 192.168.x.x; hardware ethernet xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx; fixed-address 192.168.x.y; filename "pxelinux.0"; option broadcast-address 192.168.x.255; option routers 192.168.x.z; option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;}

tftp is running, but client doesn't get "pxelinux.0".

I tried via package tftp-hda on a different client
Code:
tftp <IP>
get pxelinux.0

This get the correct pxelinux.0 file.

I wonder, where the problem is.
nevyn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:33    Post subject: Re: Client doesn't boot via TFTP Reply with quote

I found the problem by myself.

On the m23 server, the file "/etc/default/tftpd-hda was like this

Code:

TFTP_OPTIONS="--verbose --verbose --secure"
TFTP_USERNAME="tftp"
TFTP_DIRECTORY="/m23/tftp"
TFTP_ADDRESS="0.0.0.0:69"

I changed the first line to
Code:
TFTP_OPTIONS="--listen --verbose --secure"

I'm hoping, this will help other as well
Hauke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

thank you for your report Very Happy

The doubled "--verbose" is really not intended. I will fix it in the next update.

On my tests there were no problems booting a client via the network and using the TFTP server even with the doubled "--verbose". I've just checked it and am able to fetch "m23install" via TFTP with the doubled "--verbose" in the config file. The man page of in.tftpd says that "--listen" configures the TFTP-hpa to run in standalone mode instead of the inetd mode.

Is there no inetd on your system?

Schulung, Entwicklung und Support zu m23 und anderen OpenSource-Produkten: www.goos-habermann.de

Auch DU kannst etwas gegen Softwarepatente tun! www.patentfrei.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy Forum Index -> Problems with the server / Serverprobleme All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum