READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy Forum Index READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy
The m23 discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using m23 on windows/linux enviroment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy Forum Index -> General questions and ideas/Allgemeine Fragen und Anregungen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uri

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:50    Post subject: Using m23 on windows/linux enviroment Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm interested in using m23 on windows/linux enviroment, and I was wondering:

I guess I can install windows from an image, and then use m23 to install linux, or even better - after installing linux, to run a script that extracting a windows image on some partition, all that from the m23 tool.

Anyway tries something like that before?

Second thing, let's say I want to install some package on a group of computers, but some of them are on windows (currently). does m23 allow it, and the package will be installed when the machine will be linux again?

thanks,

- Uri.
Hauke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no and there will be no support for win32 systems in any form.

A forthcoming m23 version will support imaging and configuration for Debian and Ubuntu systems.

m23 installs clients with Debian or Ubuntu and can administrate them afterwards. It is possible to assimilate existing Debian or Ubuntu systems too.

Quote:
Second thing, let's say I want to install some package on a group of computers, but some of them are on windows (currently). does m23 allow it, and the package will be installed when the machine will be linux again?
Packages can only be installed on systems m23 can manage. Win32 systems are no option.

Schulung, Entwicklung und Support zu m23 und anderen OpenSource-Produkten: www.goos-habermann.de

Auch DU kannst etwas gegen Softwarepatente tun! www.patentfrei.de

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if a computer is down and I install a package on a group, including this computer, what will happend when it'll be up again? The package will be installed when it's up, or I'll have to do it manually?
Hauke

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's a m23 client the package will be installed on the next boot or if the client is capable of WOL the client will start automaticaly and shutdown after the installation.

Schulung, Entwicklung und Support zu m23 und anderen OpenSource-Produkten: www.goos-habermann.de

Auch DU kannst etwas gegen Softwarepatente tun! www.patentfrei.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    READ ONLY FORUM: m23 :: makes software distribution easy Forum Index -> General questions and ideas/Allgemeine Fragen und Anregungen All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum